Gallery House invites professional artists to join its outstanding group of artist members by submitting work for jurying on our next jury date.
Download Information for Prospective Members
- Five pieces of current work (produced within the last two years) in each medium.
- A brief Artist Statement discussing your artwork, what it is about and the technique used
- Photographs of five to ten additional pieces of your art
- 2-dimensional work must be presented framed, ready to hang and able to be handled by two people. We appreciate modern simple frames in a neutral tone or black or white.
- 3-dimensional work must be light enough to be lifted and carried by 2 people.
- Pieces that require power, water, gas, etc. cannot be considered.
- Jurying fee is $20 for each medium.
What we are looking for
- Competence in medium
- Mature, or has potential, in artistic merit
- Professional in the presentation
- A cohesive body of work
We are looking for what is known as a "body of work." This means that we need to see five related pieces of art with a consistent, cohesive style and a clear artistic vision. Since we are a co-op gallery and group exhibitions must consist of artworks that go well together, we will consider how the work is presented. Frames should be simple and in neutral tones with wires for hanging. Museum-wrap canvases are acceptable.
Gallery House Benefits
- Continuous exposure of your work to collectors, curators, and other art buyers.
- A feature show in the main gallery with one or two other members.
- At least one piece of your work displayed each month.
- Regular calendar listings in Chronicle, Mercury News, etc.
- Interaction with a community of successful mid-career artists.
- Sales commission of 30% rather than the 50% as in commercial galleries.
Gallery House Member Requirements
- Monthly dues of $180.
- Staff the gallery an average of 6 hrs/mo or approximately 19 four-hour shifts a year.